6-12 Months Wedding Checklist -
Let Us Continue The Planning!!
A 6-12 months wedding checklist is used when you are much closer to your wedding date.
This list would include some items that are more important to cementing the plans, confirmations and completion.
Between 6 to 12 months of your wedding planning efforts, you should be in a more comfortable state of mind; meaning...
...you are well on target to having your dream wedding come to life.
Your budget is in keeping with what you projected; your gown, ceremony location, reception venue, caterer, photographer, videographer, officiant, etc are all confirmed, booked, ordered and ready to make the final plans!!
So now you turn your attention to the suggestions on this 6-12 months wedding checklist.
Remember though that your final list will have different items based on your preferences.
Suggested 6-12 Months Wedding Checklist
- Locate and buy a wedding planning folder to keep receipts, booking confirmations and sample images, easily at hand.
- Start putting your guest list together. A suggestion would be to ask your parents for their list, this can be finalized closer to the date.
- Select your bridal party members and ask each person if they will do you and your spouse the honors.
- Meet with your officiant to discuss the wedding ceremony. This may involve filling in various forms and attending a pre-wedding course or counseling sessions.
- If you are planning to use a wedding consultant, this is the right time to locate and hire one.
- Select the color scheme for your wedding. You will need this before deciding on decorations or bridal party attire.
- Start thinking about your ceremony and reception entertainment. Listen to demos and watch video clips, this will assist you greatly.
- If you are planning an outdoor wedding ceremony, decide if you would like a wet weather option and book this in the package
- If you are planning an outdoor reception, be sure to book marquee and all other party hire.
- After selecting your bridal party, choose and order bridesmaids attire. Be sure to involve all bridesmaids.
- Choose and order the attire for any junior attendants (flowers girl, ring bearer) making allowance for possible growth.
- Choose formal wear for groom and groomsmen. Organize fittings and hire.
- Meet with and book your florist. Make a decision on the type of flowers you require and the style you would like.
- If you are using a gift registry, this is the perfect time to select one, but be sure to choose a large range of gifts within an extensive price range.
- Search for and choose your wedding cake and order it.
- If you’re having guests from out of town, search for an affordable hotel near the reception venue and place some rooms on hold.
- Send out Save the Date cards, especially if you have many interstate or overseas guests.
- Decide on and book your reception entertainment (DJ, band, CDs, etc).
- Choose and book your ceremony entertainment (pianist, violinist, band, CDs, etc).
- Start thinking about the design and wording of your wedding invitations. Try to involve all parents in the wording process.
- If you are planning on having one, start thinking about possible honeymoon destinations.
- If travelling overseas, look into visas, passport expiry dates and if there is the need for vaccinations.
With all of this being on the 6-12 months wedding checklist, I know you must be wondering what could possibly be left to put on the 3-6 months wedding checklist.
Well all you have to do is take a look at that wedding checklist and see for yourself, you might even be surprised!!
Top of 6-12 Months Wedding Checklist
Back To Wedding Checklist
Go to Home Page
12-18 Months Wedding Checklist
3-6 Months Wedding Checklist