12-18 Months Wedding Checklist -
Let's Get The Planning Started!!
A 12-18 months wedding checklist is kind of a general list of items that you need to get started in order for the plans to get on the way.
What I mean by this is that this list will include items relating to contacting and booking etc, which will be the starting point for you until you reach the confirmation stages of the two weeks and one week wedding checklists.
As stated on the wedding checklist page, no two weddings are the same, so no two wedding checklists will have the same items on it.
There are general suggestions that are common to most lists though, and some of these suggestions for the 12-18 months wedding checklist are as follows:
Note though that this list is not in and does not have to be in any particular order.
Sample 12-18 Months Wedding Checklist
- Announce your engagement to family and friends
- Place an engagement announcement in the press (newspaper or magazine)
- Set a date and send out invitations for your engagement party (If you are having an engagement party)
- Set a wedding date (keep a few dates in mind though as your wedding venue may not be available for one or more of your proposed dates)
- Determine what sort of wedding ceremony and reception you wish to have (ie. formal, casual, beach, indoor, outdoor, etc). This will help to determine things such as your venue and wedding dress style etc.
- Determine an approximate number of guests (this too will influence where you hold the ceremony and reception which will influence your wedding budget. You can do a rough estimate of your affordability first to see if your guest list will increase or decrease.)
- Start thinking about the style of your wedding gown (females) and the style of your suit or tux (males)
- Start looking for a suitable ceremony location (church, hall, beach, etc.) and make a tentative booking
- Start looking for a suitable reception venue (hotel, university hall, beach, garden, etc.) and make a tentative booking
- Choose and book an officiant (pastor, priest, rabbi, marriage officer, etc).
- After choosing a ceremony location, confirm your ceremony location and pay a deposit to secure
- After choosing a reception venue, confirm your reception venue and pay a deposit to secure
- Choose and book a caterer (if required)
- When you have located a wedding dress, make your choice final by ordering it.
- Choose and book a photographer and/or a videographer
The above list is by no means exhaustive and it must be altered to suit your specific needs. So you are on your way to having your wedding day the way you want it to be....
...stress free and organized; thanks to this great organized start - your 12-18 months wedding checklist.
Top of 12-18 Months Wedding Checklist
Back To Wedding Checklist
Go to Home Page
6-12 Months Wedding Checklist
3-6 Months Wedding Checklist